Good Morning and happy Friday!
Last night I tried out a new recipe for stuffed bell peppers. The secret ingredient is Quinoa! Quinoa is a grain considered to be a complete protein filled with nutrients such as, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E and fiber. It can be used as a substitute for flour, as oatmeal, rice, but in this case I used it as a filling!
- drained and rinsed black beans
- drained and rinsed corn
- tomato/ canned tomato
- 2-3 cups quinoa
- salt and pepper
- red bell peppers
- Cook 2 cups of quinoa with four cups of water.
- Drain the canned black beans and corn (tomato also, if not using fresh)
- Cut up the tomato and onion
- add all of the ingredients together along with salt and pepper
- put the filling into the bell peppers
- bake in the oven on 350 for 15 minutes
I served it with delicious steamed broccoli ! YUM!