I tried out a new recipe this past weekend, which turned out to be really good, but different! I made cauliflower grilled cheese with a side of tomato basil soup.
Grilled Cheese Directions:
- In a food processor, pour in about two bags of cauliflower and blend until it reaches the consistency of rice.
- Microwave for 6-8 minutes (depends on microwave).
- Squeeze out all of the liquid from the cauliflower using a towel. (This is the most important step, it determines the consistency of the “bread”).
- Mix in pepper, salt and 1 egg white.
- Add in a handful of shredded cheese (you can use mozzarella, cheddar, etc.).
- On a SPRAYED baking sheet form the cauliflower mixture into bread shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 450 degrees, until golden.
- Heat a skillet and lay the cauliflower “bread” slices in the pan.
- Add cheese slices, and grill for a few more minutes.
Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 bags of cauliflower (depends on how many your serving, this was enough for 2).
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, for mixture and cheese for the sandwich (you choose type).
- Salt and Pepper
Tomato Basil Soup Directions:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute olive oil and chopped onion for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in tomatoes and basil, then bring to boil.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the blended soup back to the pot, then add in Greek yogurt and milk.
- Add salt and pepper.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (or less if using basil seasoning)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 3 Tbsp Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 cup of milk (I used almond)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
This seems very odd, using cauliflower for bread, but there wasn’t a difference! It tasted just like bread! The soup was amazing as well! A great meal to enjoy on the weekend, if you have a little bit of time to spend in the kitchen!