Hey everyone! I have tried out a few recipes this past weekend and am wanting to share them with you!
Black Bean Mango Salsa.
- 1 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1 cup thinly green onion (I used red)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 can no-salt added black beans (rinsed)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp salsa
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together until combined
- Eat and enjoy
This recipe is a simple way to have mexican at the house. I threw it into a whole wheat tortilla with a side of fresh guacamole, but you can always have it in a bowl by itself! This really fills you up, tastes delicious and only takes 15 minutes to make! I doubled this recipe when I made it for my family (four person).
Dessert recipe time!
Almond Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup and two tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In medium bowl combine 1/2 cup almond butter, coconut oil, almond flour, and coconut sugar. Then press into an 8 inch square dish.
- In a glass bowl microwave the chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of almond butter, remember to stir every 20 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the almond butter mixture in the baking dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- You can cut out about 32 bars.
I didn’t personally make these, but a friend of mine did while I tasted and ended up passing the recipe on to me! Easy alternative to cakes, pies and cookies.