My favorite workout day is by far leg day! They are the biggest muscles in the body, therefore when you work them out they keep shredding calories all throughout the day. Here are some of my favorite leg exercises:
If you don’t have a gym membership, purchase a workout rubberband and do 3 rounds of these exercises for one minute. If you want a firm and toned booty, try doing these exercises 3 times a week!
Squats and lunges with weights are always beneficial! I do 3 rounds of 12 reps and increase my weight by 15 lbs. each round. To burn more calories, do the squats/lunges slowly with weights and then set the weights down and jump with the squats/lunges for another 3 rounds. Remember to always hold your core in to protect your back and to keep building that sexy six pack.
For those of you who are looking for some healthier ideas this Thanksgiving or even just for the fall season, here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes: Serves 4
- 2 cauliflower heads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower pieces to the pot cover, and boil for 15-18 minutes. Drain and mash the cauliflower with a fork until smooth. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- 2 lbs broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl toss the broccoli with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt/pepper. Spread the broccoli florets on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Pumpkin Cheesecake (from 21 day fix)
- 2 cups cottage(2%) cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbs of almond flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of stevia
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- A few zests of orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray with coconut oil spray an 8 inch pie pan.
- Blend the cottage cheese in a blender till it is smooth and no longer lumpy. Once smooth add the remaining ingredients into the blender until all mixed together and smooth.
- Put it all the greased pan. Bake for 30-35 mins the edges should be coming away from the sides of the pan that’s when you know it is done.
- Put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
- Top with a few crushed cashews to give it the crunch texture.